As we finish the 2022-2023 school year I want to thank all of our students, staff, and families for such an incredible year. When I began the year I heard from multiple people about the amazing community that Hampton is. I have certainly found that to be the case. I appreciate the enormous support of all of our families and our community as a whole.
It is my goal to ensure that each year we continue to progress, always moving forward. This year we've made some great improvements including, but not limited to the following:
- Improvements in building safety including updated systems for fire detection, security alarms, and camera equipment.
- Technology improvements with a new website for improved communication.
- The recent launching of online registration for easier and earlier access to registration.
- Continued implementation of curriculum programs in reading (Wonders) and math (Reflex).
Next year we are excited to continue down this path with a few of the following priority actions:
- Implementation of a new reading intervention program called 95% Group for our intervention team. This will help to ensure all of our students are reading at or above grade level standards or are moving in that direction.
- Implementation of a transformative social/emotional learning framework called Capturing Kids Hearts. All staff will be trained in the first week of August with the goal of supporting strong relationships and a positive building climate.
Ultimately we want to continue in the long tradition of excellence at Hampton. We want all students to feel safe, engaged, and connected to the school community. We appreciate your continued support. Have an amazing summer! ~Dr. Klipsch