Sports Risk Factors
- Participation in interscholastic athletics includes a risk of injury which may range in severity from minor to long term catastrophic.
- Although serious injuries are not common in supervised athletic programs, it is impossible to eliminate this risk.
- Participants have the responsibility to help reduce the chance of injury.
- Sports physicals MUST be performed and/or approved by a physician before a student is allowed to practice or play.
- Parents must fill out an emergency contact form and return it to the athletic director or school nurse prior to each season.
- Players must obey safety rules, report injuries to their coaches, follow a proper conditioning program, and inspect equipment daily.
- All injured athletes who have been seen by a physician must be released by that physician (signed documentation) in order to resume participation with their team.